Have you ever wondered why more and more people are drawn to the Himalayan Salt Lamps and what are the benefits of these beautiful lamps?
Himalayan Salt Lamps make an attractive feature in any living space but not only that, they can also enhance our health and wellbeing. Just looking at the glow of a Himalayan salt lamp can be calming, which is therapeutic in and of itself, but here are a few other benefits:
- Cleanse and deodorise the air – Himalayan salt lamps purify air through the power of hydroscopy, meaning that they attract water molecules from the surrounding environment then absorb those molecules – as well as any foreign particles they may be carrying – into the salt crystal. As the Himalayan salt lamp warms up from the heat produced by the light bulb inside, that same water then evaporates back into the air and the trapped particles of dust, pollen, smoke, etc remain locked in the salt.
- Reduce allergy and asthma symptoms – Because Himalayan salt lamps remove microscopic particles of dust, pet dander, mould, mildew and the like from the surrounding air, placing a lamp or two in the rooms where you spend the most time can cut back on allergy symptoms.
- Neutralise Electromagnetic Radiation – These days we are bombarded with electromagnetic radiation, which flows from our electronic gadgets. While they may be invisible, the long-term effects of EM exposure can be quite serious. Constant exposure to electromagnetic radiation is known to increase stress levels, cause chronic fatigue, and decrease the body’s immune response, among other things. As they emit negative ions into the air, Himalayan salt lamps work to neutralise electromagnetic radiation. Keep one next to the computer, television, and any other electrical devices, which you use frequently to reduce the potential danger to you and your family.
- Improve Mood, Concentration and Sleep – Himalayan pink salt lamps are a great way to naturally enhance your mood or to help you relax and unwind at the end of the day. At the same time, these lamps are great for improving concentration. Again, all this is due to the effect of this lamp’s ability to balance the negative and positive ions in our environment.
Where to place your Rock Salt Lamp
- Allergy Sufferers – A salt lamp in the bedroom will help improve air quality and reduce airborne bacteria and irritants that can trigger Asthma and allergies.
- Child’s Bedroom – a perfect night light that will help them sleep and make them feel ‘safe and sound’. Salt lamps are completely safe.
- Lounge Room – place next to the TV or other electrical devices to clear the air and reduce EMF (electro magnetic field) present in every home. Our Rock Salt Lamps also offer a pleasing, ambient glow that gives a feeling of peace and calm whilst contributing to your wellbeing.
Place a Rock Salt Lamp anywhere you want the air quality to be improved or you want to create a relaxing, wellness environment and enjoy the beauty of nature.
In your Office – A Salt lamp can help improve your concentration, reduce stress and energise you. It neutralises the effects of artificial light and poor air circulation. Place a salt lamp on your desk near your computer to reduce EMF pollution and minimise the effects of the monitor radiation.
Natural Health Practitioners – A Rock Salt Lamp glowing in your consulting room offers a calm relaxing environment, purifies the air and assists in the healing process.
Feng Shui – Rock Salt Lamps strategically placed will enhance and clear the energy of a room.
Meditation – When you relax in peace and quiet, a Salt Crystal lamp near you is known to enhance your meditative experience.
The Blue Budha