Benefits and uses of Palo Santo
– Palo Santo is a sacred wood that comes from Palo Santo (Holy Wood in Spanish) tree native to South America.
– Traditionally burnt by Incas for purification, energy cleansing and healing.
– White Sage (a Native American Tradition) and Palo Santo are commonly burnt together.
– The scent from Palo Santo is both unique and incredible, a very fresh scent with hints of mint, pine and citrus, proving to be one of the most fragrant type of wood in the world.
– When Palo Santo is burnt, the smoke is believed to have both medicinal and therapeutic properties while the Palo Santo has been known to be lovely scented incense as well.
Palo Santo is a mystical tree that grows on the coast of South America and is related to Frankincense, Myrrh and Copal. In Spanish, the name literally means “Holy Wood”. It is part of the citrus family and has sweet notes of pine, mint and lemon.
Palo Santo is enjoyed by many for its energetically cleansing and healing properties similar to Sage and Cedar. It is a strong medicine that has been popularized for its heavenly presence in keeping energies grounded and clear. It creates a pleasant, fresh smoke that works well in keeping away mosquitoes and other flying insects which is one of the prime uses for the people who live in Ecuador and Peru. It provides an uplifting scent that raises your vibration in preparation for meditation and allows for a deeper connection to the Source of all creation. It is also said that Palo Santo enhances creativity and brings good fortune to those who are open to its magic.