We are seeing and experiencing truly something that has never happened before in our lifetime. The focus on our health and wellbeing has never been more intense than it is now and it is happening on a global scale.
There is great information available from health officials on how to combat this epidemic, but what we are looking at today is more of a mind-body-spirit approach.
We are not just a physical body. We also have an emotional, mental and spiritual body. They are all interconnected and to achieve maximum wellbeing, it is essential to look after all of them.
Everybody is talking about strengthening our immune system, which is extremely important, but did you know that one of the biggest enemies of our healthy immune system is stress. When we’re stressed, the immune system’s ability to fight off illness is reduced.
So how do we reduce stress in give our immune system a better chance to fight off the viruses and bacteria?
Here are some tips that might help:
- Go outside, spend more time in nature. Being surrounded by sunshine, trees and other plants has a positive impact on our mental, emotional and physical health. If we combine spending time with a physical exercise, the results will be even better.
- Use essential oils. Diffusing essential oils like Lavender, Bergamot, Cedar or Frankincense may help you bring the stress levels down and help you to achieve a relaxed state of mind and body.
- Practice daily gratitude. The Greater Good Science Center offers a plethora of information on this subject. In a white paper titled, “The Science of Gratitude” (2018), they outline several benefits to gratitude practice:
- increased happiness and positive mood
- more satisfaction with life
- less materialistic
- less likely to experience burnout
- better physical health
- better sleep
- less fatigue
- lower levels of cellular inflammation
- greater resiliency
- encourages the development of patience, humility, and wisdom
- Use your crystals. Crystals emit powerful healing energy from the earth.Some of the most appropriate crystals to support and strengthen your immune system are: Citrine, Aventurine, Calcite, Aqamarine, Sodalite, Rose Quartz, Amethyst.
- Watch less TV. Keep yourself informed, but too much of breaking news makes us feel more anxious about what may occur.
- Meditation and Breathing. Relax daily on all levels with a beautiful guided meditation. There are so many varieties available to us these days, that is very easy to find the one that speaks to our soul. It is also essential that we are focused on a proper “belly” breathing while meditating, and throughout the day, as much as possible. When we are stressed we go into shallow breathing, which make us even more anxious. Belly breathing, is a deep breathing technique that engages your diaphragm. When you inhale, the diaphragm contracts and moves downward. The lungs expand, creating negative pressure that drives air in through the nose and mouth, filling the lungs with air. When you exhale, the diaphragm muscles relax and move upwards, which drives air out of the lungs through your breath.
These are just a few ideas. It is important to listen to your body and your soul and find what brings you peace, calm and happiness, and then practice that daily.