White Sage Smudge Stick
Californian White sage (salvia apiana) is from the coastal mountains of California. White sage (sometimes known as sacred sage) is highly valued as a ceremonial and ritualistic plant and is deemed to have great spiritual, emotional and cleansing properties and is now used by many people for this purpose.
Smudging may be used to purify the body, aura, pets, home, offices and healing rooms – in fact any space or item. These bundles are made as tools of empowerment.
Our smudge sticks are Wild Harvested, which means the sage grows naturally in the wild. Wild harvesting, also known as foraging, is the intricate practice of harvesting plants from their natural and ‘wild’ habitat. Sustainably sourced.
- Size: Small
- Dimensions: Approximately 4-5 inch long
- Wrapped in Cotton String
- Sold individually
- Picture for illustration purposes only
- Light the smudge stick at the tip of the leaves, allow to burn for 5 – 10 seconds and gentle blow on the embers to create smoke.
- Slowly move among rooms, gently waving the stick in the air and yu can recite a mantra or smudging prayer for intention setting.
- After use, gently extinguish the smoke in sand or a small dish of water.
- Always remove the burnt edges and dispose of with the ashes.
- Store in dry place for future use.
WARNING: Take care whilst smudging and only use under adult supervision. Extra care should be taken around flammable materials. Ensure the stick is extinguished completely before leaving unattended.