The Blue Budha offers exclusive warranties on our Jewellery products.
Important Information Concerning Your Rights as a Consumer
Our products come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are entitled to have the goods repaired if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
- The Blue Budha offers an automatic Standard Guarantee of twelve months from the date of purchase on all jewellery against defects in material and/or workmanship. The Standard twelve month Guarantee excludes all watches and giftware. Such items are covered by the manufacturer’s guarantee or warranty. The Standard Guarantee covers jewellery purchased in store or via the website.
- The costs of any repairs and maintenance carried out during the Warranty periods that are not the result of defects in material and/or workmanship must be covered by the customer.
- Any defects in material and/or workmanship that become evident during the Standard Guarantee validity period will be remedied by The Blue Budha. The form of remedy will be at the sole option of The Blue Budha and will be limited to repair, replacement or refund.
- In order to claim a remedy under the Standard Guarantee the goods must be returned for assessment and accompanied by the original purchase receipt.
- The Standard Guarantee do not include the following to the extent they are permitted in the relevant legislation;
I.Damage due to ordinary wear and tear;
II.Damage due to misuse, accident, alteration, substitution or abuse;
III.Repairs and alterations performed by someone other than The Blue Budha;
IV.Theft, disappearance or loss (including loss of gem stones), and;
V.Any type of use causing damage or deterioration.
- The Blue Budha reserves the right to judge whether the jewellery has been subject to any of the above mentioned exclusions.
- White gold and some silver jewellery is rhodium plated to enhance its appearance. This rhodium plating can wear off during normal wear and tear. Accordingly any rhodium plating is excluded from the Standard Guarantee and Extended Warranty.
- When jewellery is repaired under guarantee or warranty, only the remaining term of the original Standard Guarantee will continue to apply. When jewellery is replaced under guarantee, the new item of jewellery will automatically come with a new Standard Guarantee of twelve months from the date of replacement.