Being a highly sensitive person in a modern world is quite challenging and overwhelming, because we don’t always get a chance or time to go out in the nature, withdraw and recharge our “batteries”, but there are some things we can do daily to make our life much easier.
What are some of the traits of Highly Sensitive People?
1. Negativity overwhelms you. Reading, watching or listening to anything related to violence, crime, racism, or any other negativity makes you feel really bad emotionally and/or physically. This includes watching/listening to media.
2. You’ve got a strong intuition. You sense and follow your gut feeling. Even before entering a place or meeting with people, you are already in tune with their vibe and you don’t question the information you are receiving via your inner antennas.
3. You feel other people’s feelings. This one can be tricky as it is sometimes hard to distinguish between our feelings and feelings we are “picking up” from others. We need to ask ourselves is this what I am feeling really mine? Where is it coming from? A lot of times when dealing with other people we feel their pain in our body. For example “out of the blue” pain in our heart or chest area could be coming from someone standing next to us who has a lot of supressed emotional pain.
4. You can easy tell when someone is lying. You feel it in your gut, you can see it in this person’s eyes, in their facial expression and in the tone of their voice.
5. People come to you with their problems. People (even strangers) seem to be attracted to you and feel safe to “download” all their problems and pain on you.
6. You must have a regular alone time. You feel a strong need to withdraw to your room or another quiet place to recharge and rejuvenate every day. Especially if your day was busy with people and other sensory stimulants.
7. You get overwhelmed in crowded places like public transport, busy shopping centres, sport events etc. where there are large crowds of people. Some highly sensitive people might even get anxiety or panic attacks, others may feel overly-excited.
8. You are very vibrant on the inside. Your heart is open and loving and you have a strong connection with animals, plants and crystals.
9. You are highly sensitive to sounds and sensory feelings. Some highly sensitive people have problems being around strong smells of incense or essential oils. They might also dislike loud noises and bright lights.
10. You often feel tired. This is because your energy keeps getting drained by others. People tend to “hook” into your energy field, which makes you feel exhausted all the time when around them, while they feel great and recharged.
How to protect your energy daily if you are a highly sensitive person?
There are a few ways to protect your energy from being drained and affected by outside factors. Here are a few ideas:
1. Wear or carry a Black Tourmaline gemstone daily. Cleanse its energy at least once per week.
2. Smudge yourself with White Sage Smudge Stick or Palo Santo after you get home from a crowded place.
3. Before you go out, visualise yourself in a dark blue bubble. Dark blue is energetically invisible, so you won’t feel challenged by other’s energy. If you are in a busy place for a longer period of time, you might need “reapplying” the bubble a few times during the day.
4. Ask Archangel Michael to shield your energy from any lower vibration during the day.
5. Surround yourself with positive and happy people as much as you can.
6. Place high frequency crystals around your workplace (if that’s possible). Gemstones like Amethyst, Clear Quartz, Citrine and Smoky Quartz are perfect for any place busy with people and EMFs.
7. Learn to say “No”. People pleasing has a negative effect on our energy and our wellbeing. We don’t need to be rude, but we do need to be assertive – with kindness, of course. There is an absolutely fantastic book available to help you with this, and it is called “Assertiveness for the Earth Angels” by Doreen Virtue.
The Blue Budha