The burning of incense can act as a doorway to spirituality. Incense is and has been for thousands of years in daily use in many religions of the world.
It is said that burning incense has many other benefits. Burning incense may:
- Act as an air freshener: The most common benefit of incense is that it acts as a natural air freshener or an odor eater with a pleasant smell, and keeps our homes or room fresh.
- Stimulate creativity : The smells of incense can put one in a dream-like state where the imagination is set free to roam.
- Increase motivation and positive energy: It is said that the incense increases positive energy and drives away negative energy.
- Boost confidence: With increased focus, creativity, and motivation naturally comes increased confidence.
- Reduce tension and anxiety: Monks and spiritual leaders well know the calming effects of incense. Certain incense aromas work to slow down the heart rate and soothe nerves. These calming effects help to relieve built up tension in the muscles, enabling incense also to be used as a muscle relaxer.
- Aid insomnia: As a result of the calming effects of burning incense, incense can also be used to induce sleep. The sedative properties of incense make it an excellent natural way to aid insomnia.