The Solstice is an astronomical event that happens twice, once in summer and once in winter, each year when the Sun reaches its highest position in the sky as seen from the North or South Pole.
Winter Solstice occurs on 21st June (Australia). This is the day when we experience the longest night of the year. It represents a quiet stillness before the Sun comes back into its strength and our days become longer. This is the perfect time for reflection and rest.
Australian Winter Solstice coincides also with Mercury retrograde, which makes this time even more important for us to review, reset, reorganise and reshape our life.
This is not the time to be bursting into action or pressuring ourselves into making big changes. The Winter Solstice is a time of quiet energy, where you get the opportunity to look within yourself; it is essentially tied to a personal awakening.
Winter Solstice is the perfect time to:
- clear and cleanse your energy and the energy of your home & work environment by smudging with Sage or Palo Santo
- review your past few months and release what does not serve your higher purpose anymore, so that you make room for new energy to come into your life
- invite the light into your life with a simple meditation or gratitude session while surrounded by a few lit candles
- make a list of your desires and wishes for the upcoming months, then visualise and feel them like they are already part of your everyday life. You might wish to repeat this visualisation daily over the next few months
- celebrate this rebirth of the light by connecting with the light within your heart that is connected to the Universal Light while holding or wearing a crystal on your Heart Chakra. It can be any crystal that you are strongly drawn to or you might like to any of the following crystals: Rose Quartz, Moonstone, Garnet and Clear Quartz
This Winter Solstice also coincides with the most powerful eclipse of 2020, plus we also have 6 planets retrograde in June 2020. This extremely powerful combination of planets and their energy sets the scene for the next 3 months, so utilise this incredible time to speed up your spiritual & personal growth and to manifest wonderful things into your life.
Earth image by NASA