One of the biggest problems these days is that we can’t get that really deep and rejuvenating sleep anymore. Deep and long sleep is essential for our general health and wellbeing.
When we are sleep deprived we are exhausted and have no energy to manage stress, which then becomes a Catch 22 – the more stressed out we are the less likely we will be able to sleep well.
Sleep is pivotal for health, mental focus, stamina and emotional regulation. Good night’s sleep is the best cure for stress.
There are many reasons why our sleep is broken or very light, which makes us constantly exhausted and burnt out. All the parents go through sleep deprivation with their newborns but that eventually stops. The biggest problem is if this is happening for a longer period of time. We need to find a reason for our sleep problem, eliminate it as much as possible and/or create an environment that will help us relax and sleep better.
At this day and age we are all experiencing a fast paced life, which is stressful for sure. We are also constantly surrounded with EMFs (electromagnetic fields created by mobile devices, high voltage wires etc.) which disturb the human body’s natural energetic field, eating sugar-loaded food (if we are aware of it or not), having stressful jobs and school curriculums… The list is never-ending!
So what can we do get that restful night sleep?
– Eliminate stress from your life as much as possible.
– Exercise regularly, but not too close to bedtime.
– Set a regular bedtime.
– Reduce daily sugar intake. Start with reading food product labels. 4g of sugar (fructose, glucose, sucrose…) are equal to 1 teaspoon of sugar!
– Remove gadgets like phone, computer and TV from your bedroom, or use Himalayan Rock Salt lamp to balance positive and negative ions in your environment.
– Put some gemstones with relaxing energy under you bed, on your bedside table or in your pillowcase. Some of the best gemstones to help us relax and sleep are: Selenite, Amethyst, Charoite and Chrysoprase.
– Burn some calming pure essential oils in your bedroom, before you got to bed. The most relaxing oils are: Chamomile, Lavender, Fragonia or Meditation Range Blend.
– Listen to some relaxing music or guided meditation when already lying in bed.
The Blue Budha